Friday 24th April 2020, British Section AGM.
Come for the AGM or for the whole weekend. See below.
We invite you to share a weekend with us, at the Elstead Hotel, Bournemouth, from Friday evening 24th April until Monday morning 27th April.
The hotel, which has an indoor swimming pool among other amenities, is situated a short walk from Bournemouth railway station.
This will be an eco-friendly weekend with all visits made using public transport.
Unfortunately, numbers are limited so places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Friday 24th. British Section AGM, 3 pm. Arrival of other participants in time for 7 pm welcome and dinner.
Saturday 25th. Visit by train to the historic city of Winchester.
Sunday 26th. Open top bus tour of Bournemouth and Poole. Visit by boat to Brownsea Island.
Monday 27th. Departure of participants after breakfast.
Specific timings will be announced on your arrival.
PRICE. The global price of £253 per person, with £45 supplement for a single room, includes a Full English Breakfast, evening meal and all visits. It does not include lunch since many people will not feel the need for much at midday. There will always be the opportunity to buy a snack – or more – around lunchtime.
To book your place, please send a non-refundable deposit of £50 (British pounds Sterling)
either by cheque in British pounds sterling, payable on a British bank to:
Treasurer AEC British section,
66 Halifax Road,
Brighouse, W. Yorkshire. HD6 2EP
or by credit transfer in British pounds sterling to the following account:
Name: Association Europeenne des Cheminots
Account no: 61124068
sort code: 30-99-93
Name of bank: Lloyd’s Bank Ltd
Address: South Worthing branch
Iban: GB89 LOYD 3099 9361 1240 68
In either case with a confirming email to both the treasurer email@example.com and the secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
The final date for receipt of booking,, with deposit, is 17th January 2020 if we still have availability
Final payment for UK participants is due before 1st April. To help visitors from outside the UK to save money transfer charges, we would be happy to accept the remainder (£203 or £248) in cash (£ sterling) on arrival.
If you have any questions contact the secretary: email@example.com
From now on, we plan to move around the country a bit. The September reunion was held at the Monks Retreat in Friar Street, Reading, in October it was at the Royal Oak in Tabard Street, London, and in November our venue was to be Brunswick in Derby almost opposite the main entrance to Derby station. Unfortunately they were unable to serve lunch so we shall be looking around for another possible venue in Derby.
The December venue will be back at the Royal oak, Tabard Street.
EUROPEAN DAYS IN BULGARIA, 2020
24th – 30th May. (A change from the dates originally planned.)
Organised by the Romanian section of AEC, helped by Bulgarian colleagues who, we hope, will form a new Bulgarian section.
A provisional programme for this also appears in our current newsletter.
And looking well ahead: European Days –AEC- 2021
MADRID (Spain) from September 20 to 25, 2,021
(Provisional Program) (Version –12-07-2019)
Sunday, September 19, arrival of the participants to the AEC Administration Committee, pick-up at Barajas airport or Madrid-Chamartín station (AVE Waiting Room-Ticket hall) and transfer to the Hotel - Dinner and accommodation
Monday, September 20 - AEC Administration Committee and Arrival participants of the European Days
- 08.00 - 09.00- Breakfast at the hotel - 9.00 -AEC Board of Directors
-13.00 - Lunch at the hotel, for the participants to the Board of Directors.
- During the day: arrival of the participants to the European Days, pick up at the Madrid Chamartin station (AVE Waiting Room-Ticket Hall) or airport. And transfer to hotel
- 19.30 Gala Dinner opening of the European Days, at the Hotel (with a group of dances typical of the region) and also Discomovil Dance
Tuesday September 21 – TOLEDO
- 7:30 am- Breakfast at the hotel
- 8:30 am departure bus to guided tour of –TOLEDO
-13h, 30 -Lunch in a restaurant
- 15h - Continued visit Toledo and El Alcazar (Army Museum)
-19h, 00 Return to the hotel and dinner
Wednesday, September 22: Panoramic Visit of Madrid - Royal Palace Railway Museum
-07h.30- Breakfast at the hotel
- 08:30 - Panoramic Visit Madrid
-10h.30 - Visit Royal Palace
-12h00 - Possible reception City Hall of Madrid
-13h 00 - return to hotel Lunch
- 5:30 p.m. - Visit to the Madrid Delicias Railway Museum
-19h30 Catering dinner inside the Museum
Thursday, September 23: Arganda Train and Chinchón city
- 7h, 30- Breakfast at the hotel
- 8:30 am - Bus departure Excursion to La Poveda Station
- 9:30 am - Travel on the Arganda Train, and visit the museum
- 1:30 pm - Lunch in Restaurant
- 16h30 - Visit-walk through the town of Chinchón, and Castillo de Los Condes (winery where the “Anís de Chinchón” is produced)
-19h30 - Return to the hotel and Dinner
Friday, September 24: Monastery of El ESCORIAL and Factoría Talgo / Las Matas
- 7:30 am -Breakfast at the hotel
- 8:30 am - Departure bus excursion to El Escorial Monastery
- 10h00 Visit Monastery of the Escorial
- 12h00 Possible reception at City Hall
- 13.00 food in Restaurant
- 15h30 - quick visit to Factoría Talgo in Las Matas
- 5pm - return to the hotel
-19h.30 -Dinner closing ceremony of the conference, with typical folkloric show from Madrid and dance
Saturday, September 25
-from 07h00 to 09h00, breakfast at the hotel and transfer of participants to the Airport or Train Station
Costs per person (in €) H doble H- single
Council (1 night) from Sunday dinner to Monday lunch
BASIC (5 nights): from dinner from Monday to breakfast from Saturday
EXTENDED: (6 nights) from Sunday dinner to Saturday breakfast
Supplement for single room ------€ / day
- 40% deposit with registration, before February 19, 2021 to secure place, and the rest before July 19, 2021
- The price includes:
- Accommodation with full board, 4 star hotel, with drinks
- G.T bus trips and guided tours tickets.
Possibilities Collection and transfer to the Hotel
1- At Madrid-Chamartín Station, welcome in the AVE Waiting Room Lobby tickets
2- At Barajas Airport:
a) - Transfers on behalf of the organization from or to the Airport will carry a supplement of --- € / person
b) -METRO from Terminal T-1 to Madrid Chamartín station
c) -Trains Cercanías Renfe from Terminal-T-4 to Madrid-Chamartin, Journey lasts 20 min
d) - From T-1 to T-4 and to the Renfe-Cercanas Airport Station, there is a free bus every 25 minutes.
FEANDC is an organisation with similar social aims to AEC; and like AEC has sections in a number of European countries, including some which do not have AEC sections.
Moreinformation about FEANDC is available from Peter Davies whose contact details are on page 2 of the newsletter.